Website ·  About Us ·  Custom ·  Gallery ·  Testimonials ·  Contact

All of our creations are custom designed for each client and are carefully handcrafted works of art. We are highly dedicated to providing you with exceptional customer service, meticulous attention to detail and the upmost in quality invitations and stationery. All of our products are designed using only the finest quality cardstocks and papers, as well as professional adhesives that will stand the test of time. Our stationery is sure to make a memorable first impression, one that will highlight those enchanted moments.

Monday 30 January 2012

Embarrassing moments....

I know we all have them. With doing displays at 2 wedding shows in the last 2 weeks it was sure to happen that I would encounter at least one embarrassing moment and sure enough I did.
         Ok, so the past week or so I’ve had a cold. Not exactly what you would call great timing with wedding shows in tow. I was working my booth at the Wonderful Wedding Show in Winnipeg, and all was going well until suddenly I felt an urge to cough. Trying to avoid sounding like contagious germ carrier I tried to suppress the cough. Well the instant I did that I knew I was in trouble. My eyes began to water and the urge to cough intensified. Just then there were two ladies at my booth who were asking questions about my stationery. As soon as I went to talk I realized that I had also lost my voice. All that came out of my mouth were whispering and squeaks sounds resembling that of a sticky windshield wiper. I cleared my throat repeatedly but to no avail, all the while trying to suppress the growing urge to cough. So there I am, standing there squeaking away with tears flooding from my eyes and streaming down my face. I can only imagine what they must have thought and the incident left me feeling like a blubbering idiot lol. Somehow I managed to answer their questions and then after they left my booth I broke into a strenuous coughing fit.
         Moral of the story: I think us business professionals often put so much emphasis on being “professional” that we forget to display or remember that we, just like anybody else, are human. There is nothing like an embarrassing blunder to put any illusions aside and everything back into perspective. :)
- Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment