Website ·  About Us ·  Custom ·  Gallery ·  Testimonials ·  Contact

All of our creations are custom designed for each client and are carefully handcrafted works of art. We are highly dedicated to providing you with exceptional customer service, meticulous attention to detail and the upmost in quality invitations and stationery. All of our products are designed using only the finest quality cardstocks and papers, as well as professional adhesives that will stand the test of time. Our stationery is sure to make a memorable first impression, one that will highlight those enchanted moments.

Friday 1 June 2012

Favourite Things

      Over the years designing invitations I have developed a love for particular elements, styles and colours. Here are just some of my favourite things that will perhaps inspire you.  :)

Fonts
     I love fonts! I think just the right combination of fonts can sometimes be just the right thing you need to make your invitation go from "Hmmmm" to "Ahhhhhh!". I would have to say my dream font I have yet to purchase (Poetry font) but for now my favourite of the fancy fonts is:


I think it's just so classy and elegant. Swirls just the right amount without being overwhelming.
    Now for simpler fonts I have a few favourites that I find pair very nicely with fancy script fonts:

Paper / Cardstock
       For printed layers on invitations, my all-time favourite cardstock is a gorgeous metallic satin finish white. It's smooth texture, vibrant sheen and crisp, clear printing has brought this cardstock to the very top of my list. I have been so happy to see that more and more couples have been choosing this cardstock for their invitations this year, due to it's elegant appeal.


       For invitation base cardstocks, I would have to say that this metallic satin finish Champagne cardstock has won my heart. It is so versatile in that its heavy enough to be an invitation base and yet flexible enough to print on. Print quality result on this paper are also very good. The color is softer and so classy, adds so much to the designs I've used it on.

Ribbon
      Hands down my favourite ribbon of the year is a deep eggplant purple satin ribbon made by Offray (color name Grape). The color is just so deep and rich it's almost intoxicating to look at. Love it, love it, love it!

Embellishments

       It's hard to pick out of the endless options out there but I am going to go with an oval rhinestone and pearl button...so beautiful!
Colors
        Where do I start? There are so many gorgeous color combinations it almost seems like picking a favourite is literally impossible, but alas I have found one combination this year that I think has risen above the rest. I think my other favourites listed above may give you a hint but, my favourite color combo of this year is Deep Eggplant Purple, Champaign and Ivory. Can you get any classier than that? I think it sets a traditional, upscale feel to the wedding. I can just picture: Champaign glasses, crystal, draped ivory sheer fabric with white lights, floating candles in glass vases, deep purple flowers, a stringed quartet playing classical, Champaign satin bridesmaids dresses with eggplant purple sashes…I think you get the picture. Simply stunning....mmm so nice!
     - Ruth Loewen


No comments:

Post a Comment